You’ve finally decided to head to the land of Fire and Ice- Iceland! A trip to the Golden Circle sights is a once in a lifetime experience. Iceland’s weather can change every ten minutes so it’s important to be prepared for anything. That doesn’t mean you can’t look good while hiking and climbing in the wet weather. Weather at this time of year (spring/early summer) typically brings temperatures between 42 F-55 F. During one day you can experience rain, sun, and wind. The key is layering, layering, layering!
So what to bring without sacrificing fashion for function?
Here’s a simple packing list for your trip if traveling (spring/ early summer)
- Light rain jacket. I recommend a Kjus rain jacket- durable, comfortable, and easy to pack yet highly fashionable. Choose from a really cool color that features pockets for your cell phone or camera. Check out the Ladies FRX Pro Jacket. kjus.com
- Lightweight Pants. I spent my entire trip to Iceland in my Lulu Lemon studio lined pants. lululemon.com. These pants were perfect. They provided comfort, minimal waterproof, and style. These worked for me but it’s also good to have a pair of waterproof rain pants in your bag. Check out ladies Marmot rain pants, marmot.com
- Base layer shirt. Going back to my fave- Lulu lemon! Pick out one of the Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve Crew t-shirts. So many fun colors but will keep you dry and comfy. lulelemon.com
- REI Essential Zip Up Shirt. I wore this shirt for my top layer. Talk about soft but kept my temperature perfect. rei.com
- A lightweight Fleece. I recommend a North Face fleece that’s lightweight and has a hood. Just another cool layer to add. northface.com
- Hiking Boots, Salomon X Ultra Hiking boot has the look a comfort of your favorite sneaker but its waterproof and sturdy for any hike. www.rei.com
- A pair of thin hiking socks- REI has a great selection.
- Lightweight gloves. North face makes a basic pair in black. Keeping hand warm is a must since you need to get lots of fabulous photos.
- Sunglasses- The ultimate luxury accessory!
- Finally, a really fun hat. Complete your look with a wool hat toped with a furry pompom. Gorusch hats are not only fun to wear but take any outfit to the next level of style! www.gorusch.com
- Don’t forget to throw a bathing suit in since hot tubs and geothermal springs abound.
As long as you have these basic items you can travel anywhere in Iceland. With this list you’ll look like a million bucks while hiking the most stunning glacier!
Happy Travels! Christy
This entry was posted in Travel on June 27, 2016.